Let me answer this very simplistically rather than statically:
- Being in the business of renting out warehouses, barring 2020 (obviously due to Covid-19) the demand for space, the number of enquiries for Industrial shed for rent in Chennai, the number of inspections and the number of deal closures have been increasing by over 30% year on year
- The start of 2021 has seen a shift in global manufacturing investments in 2021, Tamilnadu has greatly benefitted from the same and more so Chennai in term of automotive. One example is Daicel’s large investment in a slow down sector. There is large demand from other sectors like electronics, batteries, metro rail rakes, earth moving machinery, capital goods and e-commerce as well
- The rentals have corrected 15% post Covid-19 and land values by 30% which makes the investment in warehousing in Chennai even more lucrative.
- The state government is more proactive and with the election round the corner, the speed of work and ease of doing business have greatly improved. Chennai is by far the largest Urban center in TN and will continue to grow and so will the demand for sheds – warehousing and manufacturing. The demand for Industrial park in Chennai is on the rise
- In 1 line, the future is bright and excellent for warehousing in Chennai with great connectivity through road, rail, air and sea will continue to flourish and do well in warehousing and industrial real estate ahead