Specifications to Look for in a Warehouse/ Godown Building
We have jotted down some technical specifications, their meaning, application and best practices which can be a checklist while constructing/ Buying/ Renting a Warehouse/ Godown Building.
ACC Sheet Roofing. Asbestos cement sheet roofing should consist of either corrugated sheets or semi corrugated sheets as specified.
An RCC building means the main structural members of the building, viz, slabs, beams, columns and foundations are made up of reinforced cement concrete.
A pre-engineered building is designed by a PEB supplier or PEB manufacturer, to be fabricated using best suited inventory of raw materials available from all sources and manufacturing methods that can efficiently satisfy a wide range of structural and aesthetic design requirements of a Warehouse/ Godown.
A building’s clear height is defined as the usable height to which a tenant can store its product on racking. This figure is measured below any obstructions such as joists, lights, or sprinklers. The latest evolution is a move “upward” to 36-foot clear buildings.
The eaves are the edges of the roof which overhang the face of a wall and, normally, project beyond the side of a building. The eaves form an overhang to throw water clear of the walls and may be highly decorated as part of an architectural style.
A loading dock or loading bay is an area of a Warehouse/ Godown building where goods vehicles (usually road or rail) are loaded and unloaded. They are commonly found on commercial and industrial buildings, and warehouses in particular. Loading docks may be exterior, flush with the building envelope, or fully enclosed.
- Dock Levelers
A dock leveler is a piece of equipment that is usually either mounted to the dock face or recessed into a pit at a loading dock door allowing movement of industrial vehicles between a building and a transport vehicle.
A canopy is an overhead roof or else a structure over which a fabric or metal covering is placed. Canopies are typically intended to provide shelter from the rain or sun, but may also be used for decorative purposes, or to give emphasis to a route or part of a building.
- Loading Docks
A loading dock or loading bay is an area of a Warehouse/ Godown building where goods vehicles (usually road or rail) are loaded and unloaded. They are commonly found on commercial and industrial buildings, and warehouses in particular
What is a Span?
- If you have a need in your steel building design for a wide space that is clear of posts and beams, then a clear span design is the choice for you. The wider the span, the better the efficiency of storage
- It is basically the pillarless area in a hall-type space
- Span is the measurement between 2 pillars
- The basic span width expected by tenants Today is 15.8 meters and more
- FM-2 Flooring
The Revolution in Concrete Floors in achieving superior finishing with accuracy and flatness for Free Movement (Level FM3, FM2, FM1) without any topping or leveling course. Typical floor use- Building containing wide aisle racking with stacking or racking over 8-m high, free movement areas, and transfer areas
- Load Bearing
The materials most often used to construct load-bearing walls in large buildings are concrete, block, or brick. EoT cranes can add to the load-bearing capacity and the dead weight plus the 1loaded weight is to be taken into consideration while designing a building.
Understanding the structural principles of load bearing structure is the fundamentals required for the design process and bring up the design solution. This will help in coming up with suitable materials and construction techniques.
Roofing and Types
RCC denotes Re-in forced Cement Concrete in which cement, sand and Bajri are laid with the help of mild steel. This is most important part of the structure. Generally, 1:2:4 and 1:1.5: 3 ratios of RCC are used in construction work.
Asbestos cement sheet roofing should consist of either corrugated sheets or semi corrugated sheets as specified. The sheet should be of approved quality and shall confirm IS: 459.
In structural engineering, a pre-engineered Warehouse/ Godown building (PEB) is designed by a PEB supplier or PEB manufacturer, to be fabricated using best suited inventory of raw materials available from all sources and manufacturing methods that can efficiently satisfy a wide range of structural and aesthetic design requirements.
- Metal Roofing
It is an expensive choice, but the durability of the roof can outweigh its cost. This roof can last 100 or more years and comes in three different forms, which include look-alikes, sheets, and tiles.
- Improve energy efficiency and increase the durability of your structures with weatherproofing sealants
- Reduce the eco-footprint of your buildings with a water-based air barrier system
- Increase your design flexibility while maintaining the structural integrity of mirrored glass and metal buildings with structural silicone glazing
- Achieve superior thermal performance and address thermal bridging problems
- Reduce energy costs and maintain indoor temperatures with rigid polyurethane foams for entry and garage door material
Types of insulation Materials
- PUR polyurethane – Polyurethane is a plastic with excellent insulation value
- EPS Expanded polystyrene – Expanded polystyrene, also called Styrofoam. The material is cheap, but the insulation value is less
- XPS Extruded polystyrene – Extruded polystyrene is also a plastic. It is more expensive than EPS, but has a better insulation value
- Glass wool – Mineral insulation made of silica sand or recycled glass. It is often used for sloping roofs
- Coir – Is mixed with a binder to obtain good stability. Is pest and moisture resistant.
- Straw – Known from straw bale construction; also available as pressed straw plate.
- Cotton – The seed hairs form the basis for insulation. Good thermal and acoustic performance.
- Wind-Driven Turbine Ventilators help remove hot attic air in summer and moisture-laden air in winter. The turbines rotate as the wind blows to create a strong upward draft that draws inside air up and out. Applications: Rooftop Ventilator Accessories include adjustable, as well as ventilated bases, round-to-square base adapters, hinge kits, grease collector boxes and more. A variable-speed power pack can convert your existing centrifugal upblast exhaust ventilator into an energy-efficient, variable-speed direct-drive upblast exhaust ventilator.
Applicable areas: Hospitals, Office Buildings, Restaurants, Schools, Manufacturing Facility and Warehouse.
- Ridge Ventilators
A ridge vent is a type of vent installed at the peak of a sloped roof which allows warm, humid air to escape a building’s attic. Ridge vents are most common on shingled residential buildings. 200 fans for 1L – 6 Air changes
Ridge vents are also used in industrial warehouses to help release the hot air and help circulate comfortable air inside the Warehouse/ Godown building.
- Electrical Lighting
Loading areas require overhead lighting to ensure that vehicles are able to move around safely. A warehouse lighting plan allows designers and managers to best plot what type and where best to install different types of lighting.
Categorization of material & Dangerous Goods (DG) based on fire safety – Chart
Material Safety Data Sheet
A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is a document that contains information on the potential hazards (health, fire, reactivity and environmental) and how to work safely with the chemical product. It is an essential starting point for the development of a complete health and safety program.
- Fire Extinguishers
A portable device that discharges a jet of water, foam, gas, or other material to extinguish a fire.A fire extinguisher is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations.
- Fire Hydrants
It is basically an outlet with a valve that provides water to the fire pumps or fire jeeps engaged in firefighting. Laws for keeping operational fire hydrants at specific intervals and with free access in buildings, factories, urban and developed areas are an important component of fire control and safety.
- Sprinkler System
“Sprinkler system” means a system of piping designed in accordance with fire protection engineering standards and installed to control or extinguish fires. The system includes an adequate and reliable water supply, and a network of specially sized piping and sprinklers which are interconnected. The system also includes a control valve and a device for actuating an alarm when the system is in operation.
- Water Sources
Industrial water is used for fabricating, processing, washing, diluting, cooling, or transporting a product.
- Septic Tank
A septic tank is an underground chamber made of concrete, fiberglass, or plastic through which domestic wastewater (sewage) flows for basic treatment.
Effluent Treatment Plant or ETP is one type of waste water treatment method which is particularly designed to purify industrial waste water for its reuse and its aim is to release safe water to environment from the harmful effect caused by the effluent.
Sewage treatment is the process of removing contaminants from municipal wastewater, containing mainly household sewage plus some industrial wastewater
Rainwater harvesting is a type of harvest in which they collect the rain drops and store it for the future use.
- Factory Hybrid Building
Warehousing Tenant with minimal additional cost of 15% will also suit Manufacturing Tenant
EOT crane is extensively used in the warehouse, workshop and stock ground of piling, unloading or relocating heavy load. From 1 Ton Capacity to 150 Ton Capacity cranes available in the market.
A loading ramp is an inclined plane used to load and unload materials from a vehicle or container. Ramps can be used inside warehouses or outside in shipping or train yards.
Flooring is the general term for a permanent covering of a floor, or for the work of installing such a floor covering.
- Power Requirement
There are two types of power requirements based on a number of factors, least of which is the size of the overall project
Major Types of Warehouse Materials
Data & Document Storage
We also deal in Residential Real Estate. Visit our Group Company- Luxclusive Homes website for details!
AllWarehouses deals with warehouses size of above 10,000 square feet in Chennai, Get the Advantage of Having Tons of Warehousing options By Opting for the best Warehouse for Rent in Chennai