Where in Chennai can I build a warehouse?
Are you trying to find a location where in Chennai can build a warehouse to keep your equipment or goods. If so, you also might want to think about creating a warehouse for rent in Chennai. You may learn where in Chennai you can develop a warehouse in this article.
Chennai is a large city and is divided geographically as will be detailed later:
Currently space is required close to
- The city (Central/ west) for E-Commerce supply
- The port (North Chennai) for imports and exports
- (West) Sriperumbudur and (South West Chennai) Oragadam for factories
- South Chennai for manufacturing and catering to southern Tamilnadu
Let’s look at the locations in Chennai where a warehouse can be built?
Zone 1:Build a warehouse in North Chennai
The Industrial areas in Chennai (North) comprises Industries and business dependent and catering to the Ports or Sri City or need to transport goods to/ from North India and closer to city areas like Madhavaram going up to SriCity in Tada, Andhra Pradesh.
The viable locations in this zone to build a shed are – 10 km around Red Hills, Periyapalayam and straight away in and around Sri City as these are the main demand centers in North Chennai catering to the railroad movement from North India and also the Chennai port
North Chennai can be further divided into:
- Madhavaram cluster that includes Red Hills and Cholavaram
- Ambattur and Padi cluster that extends until Avadi
- Manali cluster that extends up to Ennore port on the inner side of the ring road
- Alamathy and Koduvalli cluster that move towards Tamaraipakkam and Thiruvallur
- Periyapalayam cluster that starts at Karanodai and moves towards Thervoy Kandigai
- Gummidipoondi cluster
- Tada and Sricity cluster
Zone 2: Build a Warehouse in West Chennai
The Industrial areas in Chennai (North) start from Poonamallee to Sriperumbudur across Irungattukottai, Mannur – Sengadu, Mappedu & Pillaipakkam catering to Automotive, electronics, wind turbines, engineering companies, and e-commerce as Poonamallee is centrally located and best-connected is better for manufacturing, focused and can supply to the entire Chennai city.
West Chennai clusters include:
- Maduravoyal, Noombal and Poonamallee cluster
- Thirumazhisai cluster that includes Gudapakkam, Kuthambakkam, Tandalam
- Irrungattukottai cluster that includes Pillaipakkam and Mevaloor Kuppam
- Mannur cluster that includes Sengadu, Polivakkam, Valarpuram, Mappedu, etc
- Sriperumbudur cluster that includes routes towards Oragadam and Kanchipuram that include Araneri, Pondur, Mambakkam, Sunguvarchatram and beyond
Zone 3: Build a warehouse in South West Chennai
The Industrial areas in Chennai (West) are known as the Oregadam cluster that includes Walajabad, Vallam – Vadagal, Pondur – Araneri. This is also the location that has the highest rentals and also the highest upcoming supply. South West Chennai is one of the most sought Industrial areas in Chennai catering primarily to automotive and wind energy.
The clusters here are:
- Oragadam cluster that included vallam, vadagal, ezhichur, panruti
- Padappai cluster that includes locations from Tambaram to Oragadam
- Wallajah Bad cluster from Oragadam past Walajabad via kattavakkam
Zone 4: Build a WarehouseSouth Chennai
The Industrial areas in Chennai (South) start from Guindy to Chengalpattu via Pallavaram, Tambaram, Vandalur, Guduvanchery, Marai Malainagar & Singaperumal Koil – this again is a manufacturing zone as public transport by local trains, etc makes commuting easy for laborers and workers. Best connected for e-commerce, manufacturing, and supply to the rest of Tamilnadu and Kerala.
The clusters in South Chennai are:
- Tambaram cluster that includes MEPZ, Pallavaram and Thirumudivakkam
- Vandalur and Guduvanchery cluster incl towards Oregadam and towards OMR
- Maraimalainagar, Singaperumal Koil, Mahindra City, and Chingleput clusters
Each and every cluster and zone has a separate micro-market and typology for users and tenants. The specifications of buildings vary in every cluster and therefore the costs. There is viability in most newer areas wherein the rents are proportionate to the land costs and construction costs based on tenant requirements. The older areas closer to the city do not have viability as the land use has been changed to residential and therefore is not conducive for industrial or warehousing purposes. Also while going to newer areas, it is imperative that we do not go too far out where the development is too less and the social infrastructure is unavailable to support industry.
In 2022 most areas within 40 km of Koyambedu or Guindy can support viability where existing infrastructure is available and so are existing developments on warehouses and factories. For specific information, only a domain expert can guide perfectly like all Warehouses for rent in chennai.
For any Questions regarding Warehouse rental in Chennai Contact Us.